Walking our team of goats is great fun, they can be playful or stubborn, bouncy or calm. We will guide you on a tour of our farm around our 1km walking route, the rout is steep and uneven underfoot in places. Along the way you will get the chance to meet some of the other goats on the farm including any new born kids (late March). We love the wildlife on our farm and hopefully you might see some, if not we will show you all the work we do to encourage a wide biodiversity on the farm. The visit will take approximately one hour to 90 minutes.
(Please read Terms and Conditions below before booking)
£25 to walk a goat
£15 per accompanying person not walking a goat
Please note: IF YOU BOOK TO WALK GOATS AND YOU WISH TO BOOK FRIENDS TO ACCOMPANY – THE NUMBER ACCOMPANYING CANNOT EXCEED THE NUMBER WALKING GOATS.
There must be a minimum of two walking goats on any day as they are herd animals. If you are booking a single walk and no others book for the same time slot we may contact you to re-arrange the date. Due to Covid 19 we are only booking single households or parties per time slot as such if you are walking on your own at our discretion we will either walk a second animal at a social distance or ask a member of your party to accompany you. If you or a member of your household has symptoms of C19 then please do not travel to the farm, please contact us to rearrange at no charge for an alternative date. Many Thanks
TERMS AND CONDITIONS (Please read before booking)
- All walks must be pre-booked and are available every day of the week and all year round (subject to availability but excluding Christmas Day through to New Years Day).
- Children must be over 12 years old to walk a goat on their own, although children aged 8 to 12 may accompany the walk providing that each child is accompanied by an adult. PLEASE NOTE this is to comply with our insurance and cannot be varied.
- It is important at the time of booking that we know if any of those walking have any health limitations or health issues that we should be aware of. Where possible, we are very happy to modify the walk or distance in a way that accommodates any health concerns. Walking goats may not be suitable for all as it involves walking across unmade fields and you need to use both hands to be in control of the goats at all times. Our ground is steep in places.
- Walking a goat allows you to walk YOUR VERY OWN GOAT for the entirety of the walk.
- Accompanying a walker entitles you to walk alongside a goat walker but not to walk an goat yourself. We do not allow sharing.
- Goats are herd animals so a minimum of 2 Goats must be booked for each walk. We normally cater for up to 5 walking goats on any given walk.
- It is possible to accommodate single walkers but only in conjunction with another group so as to always have a minimum of 2 goats walking.
- Walks start from the farmyard promptly. We ask that you arrive ten minutes beforehand so we can be good on time. If you arrive earlier we would suggest visiting Village Store for coffee/tea as we are working right up to the time slot on most days!
- Sadly, guests arriving after start time cannot join the walk and their booking is therefore cancelled so as not to inconvenience the other guests walking that day. If you think you might be late please make sure you speak to us by phone ( mobile) in advance of you slot and we will do our best to defer the start of the walk for a short while.
- We need at least 48 hours notice if you cancel a walk as it is unlikely we can fill the places on that walk. If we have less than 48 hours or a “no show”, unfortunately your booking is forfeit.
- We are not an “open farm” and can only offer goat walks by prior arrangement.
- If you would like us to recommend local places to meet for a coffee/drinks or lunch beforehand/afterwards then please ask.
- Our farm is on clay so sensible footwear is a must (wellies in the winter, walking boots or trainers in summer) and we strongly recommend wearing long trousers.
- Clothing should be appropriate for the conditions but please avoid toggles as the goats like chewing anything that dangles!
- We have stringent bio-security so we will ask you to dip your footwear on arrival.
- We have a strict no dog policy on the farm or walk.
- Goats are like us and will not be happy to walk in bad weather. If the weather forecast looks bad, we will endeavour to let you know the evening before (via email/text or call – or feel free to contact us) that there is a risk of cancellation. We will make a final decision on the morning of the day in question and again contact you via email/text or call. If we do cancel a walk, we will issue you with an eVoucher for the same value as your booked walk so you can rebook at your leisure (there is no expiry date to the eVoucher) subject to availability.
- We can cater for educational visits, hen parties or special events – please contact us for details.
- Vouchers are available (and gift cards) – please contact us for details.